Thursday, September 24, 2009

Angling in measurements of 14', NO WAIT that's 30 inches plus, no wait that's IMPRESSIVE!

BTL Guide Akash Patel

BTL Guide Health Lyon & BTL Guide Kate Taylor


BTL Guide Justin Crump & spey angler client Kate Hertz

Here's the thing...Ms. Talented Guide Kate Taylor with Alaska Sportsman's Bear Trail Lodge has been touting the double-handed rod's many talents. Baiting me with the fun of covering twice the water with a heck of allot less effort than a single-handed rod. Increasing the success of what we all step into waders for...

So today I'm nudged yet again by Ms. Kate with what the spectacular possibilities are. Clearly, I need to get my hands on a double-handed rod, get my butt up to Naknek River and get schooled on what I'm missing. (Hopefully she has more patience than the normal individual.)

BTL guide Akash, BTL guide Justin with spey angler Kate Hertz, BTL guide Heath & BTL guide Kate know what it feels like to catch a 30" plus line-possessing-rainbow Trout on one of these bad boys.

If you missed out on this year's Spey Casting Clinic held by Kate and Justin...make sure you get in for 2010 season...I'll see ya there.

2 comments:

  1. Hi to everyone at the Sportsman's Lodge! This is the first time I've seen this Blog. Talk about patience......Justin's patience is the reason I caught this beautiful Rainbow. He spent endless hours on the NakNek schooling me on Spey casting. When he saw my casting the first day, I'm sure he realized I had little chance of getting out in the water where my eventual trophy Rainbow would be caught! So...he pulled out his Spey rod and the rest is Bristol Bay history (for me anyway). I still get excited when I think of the hit, watching my line take off, the "who hoo", and seeing a trout that I could not believe was on my line take off up the river with my fly! Landing that Rainbow was a thrill! Thanks, Justin and Grey and everyone at Bear Trail Lodge for making our Alaskan fishing trip EPIC! Kate Hertz Polson, Montana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great catch! Thisnis amazing! I have to come and see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete